Thursday, January 28, 2016

Smart Lunch

There has been a lot of debate on whether smart lunch is really helpful or not. Some think it is a complete waste of time but majority find it very awarding towards their education. Smart lunch is a 60 minute period split into two tutorials; tutorial A and tutorial B. Smart lunch is meant to allow students to study, work on homework, get help from teachers, and eat with the remaining time. Kennedy High School is the only school in Iowa that has smart lunch but is having much discussion on whether to keep it or not due to some students not using it to their full advantage and taking it as a joke. Some people at the school find it completely useless and others find it extremely helpful.

“Smart lunch is a necessary and vital tool in my school life. I have many activities and obligations outside of school and without smart lunch, I wouldn’t be able to get half of my homework done. Although I understand why it isn’t fair to provide smart lunch to everyone as some students view the period as a long break, it wouldn’t be any fairer to take it away from students who need and use smart lunch every day.”, said Tasneem Sadok.

“I think it’s definitely helpful but not just in the sense that it helps you do homework; it’s nice having that destressing period with friends. It’s like that little push that gets you through the day.”, said Gaige Wessling.

“I think it’s helpful because for people with extra-curricular activities we don’t really have time outside of school to do our homework and it helps us get our work done on time.”, Kirsten Wenclawski said.

“I think it is helpful because I am in sports and smart lunch gives me the extra time I don’t have at home to study and get homework done.”, said Nate Sternat. 

As you can see the students' response, smart lunch is very beneficial to lots of people. It should be kept around for the future students to experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment