Monday, January 4, 2016

Lucky hair tie

Many people have that one thing that gets them through every game, competition, etc. It's their lucky charm, they can go a day without or else they will "lose". That lucky charm is different for everyone who has it, for me its a lucky hair tie.

When it is competition season for dance it get kind of intense. Everyone is rushing to get all of their hair and makeup done and making sure they have all the costumes they need. Every weekend I happen to just use the same hair tie to hold up my hair; a dark purple, thick, and average sized ponytail. I know people would say that would stand out with your hair too much but my hair always had to be in a bun, so therefore when my hair is being wrapped around ten million times you can't see it. The reason I always use this hair tie is because it just always happens to be sitting out and it always the one my mom picks.

At one of my competitions I was getting ready to go on stage, I was already so nervous (this is also when I was a lot younger) and I was focusing on not forgetting the dance. who knew that was thing to not worry about. As I was dancing I felt my hair becoming loose. I started to panic a little inside but kept dancing hoping it would stay in just a little longer. I had a dance move coming up where I had to whip my head and I knew at that moment I was going to get I trouble by my teacher for not putting my hair up tight enough because it was clearly going to come out by the end of the routine.

The move came upon me and my hair had came out and the ponytail had flew across stage. I was so upset when I went back to the dressing room (mainly at my mom because she was the one who put my hair up). I noticed my purple hair tie in my dance bag and wondered why I didn't have it in my hair. My mom and I always laugh we have noticed I always happen out of coincidence to use the purple tie and we both thought it was weird how this one day I didn't use it.

Being a normal 6 year old I freaked out and told my mom to put the ponytail in my hair and started accusing my hair catastrophe on the black hair tie that I used that day instead. Ever since then I have always double checked that I have my "lucky" hair tie with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment